Friday, October 27, 2006

Radiohead - "Boston 96"


There's a pretty good chance at this point that I'm posting this stuff for the benefit of, well, nobody really. Which makes today's selection particularly appropriate: no band mixes "I don't matter and nothing I do makes any difference to anybody" teenage nihilism with "...therefore I'm gonna do something awesome and maybe slightly obscure, and maybe then I'll discover self-respect as well as peer encouragement!" better than Radiohead.

So this here file is a live recording of Thom Yorke and co. playing a sweet-as-hell gig at the Avalon in Boston, MA. in 1996. (Sshh, it's a bootleg.) You may have seen a CD-R of this show labelled as Boston 96, which is how mine came and how I have helpfully labelled the individual files contained herein.

In any case, this is a pretty good-sounding recording featuring material from Pablo Honey and The Bends, although an early version of "Lucky" pops up in the middle of the set. There's not much more to it than that; have at it!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really appreciate the work you put into presenting the music you like.
Always on the lookout for unusual music you would never hear on a radio station around here,
I'll definitely come back for more inspiration :-)

4:15 PM  
Blogger The Public Image said...

Woah, thanks! My first comment... and it's even positive!

I'm happy to have some kind of encouragement/vindication. I hope you find my future posts enjoyable!

1:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GREATWORK!
THX!

5:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home