Saturday, November 11, 2006

Kraftwerk - "Live Early Appearance on Beat Club"



Alright, I'll start off by apologizing for not posting on Thursday like I said I would; I realize it's bad business to set expectations and then not follow through. However, I'd like to think that today's file will more than make up for my transgression.

Y'see, what we have here is a relatively rare bootleg recording (very high quality) of Kraftwerk playing live on the German TV show Beat Club. "What's so great about that?" you may find yourself wondering. Well, feast your brain on this, my friends: this early lineup of the band features one Michael Rother on guitar, and a certain Mr. Klaus Dinger on drums. These two, FYI, would later go on to find almost-fame as the highly influential Neu!

Is it wrong to use the word "supergroup"? I know, I know: the connotation these days brings to mind Audioslave and Velvet Revolver (which, I have to say, have to be two of the shittiest band names ever committed to a best-seller chart). But don't let that discourage you from downloading this file. This is a Krautrock fan's dream team. It's a lot more rock-oriented than anything Kraftwerk would ever do again, but that said, it's absolutely brilliant. Four tracks of total space-rock one chord madness, with Rother laying down some of the coolest and most ferocious guitar work he's ever recorded. Trust me, these are jams you don't want to miss.

This boot is also apparently the only recorded evidence that this lineup ever existed, and for some reason it gets talked about a lot in the hushed tones reserved for those most sacred of arcane secrets, but it's relatively hard to find.

Whatever the case may be, I hope you all enjoy today's special and if I get ambitious enough, I might post another file up later today to make up for lost time. A double-dooper would be something special, wouldn't it? I'll see what I can do...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home